Tuesday 19 August 2014

James Arthur reveals battle with anxiety and plans for a 'therapeutic' new album... after apologising to his fans for being a 'd**k'

His ascent to fame has been filled with controversy but after a tumultuous year, including getting dumped by his record label Syco, things are looking up for James Arthur. 
The controversial singer - whose homophobic rap led to a Twitter spat with fellow X Factor finalist Lucy Spraggan - revealed he has been working on a therapeutic new album and has gotten his anxiety issues under control. 
This followed his performance at V Festival over the weekend where he apologised to fans on stage for being a 'bit of a d**k' following his rise to fame. 

Scroll down for video
Moving on: James Arthur says he is feeling better than ever after overcoming his anxiety issues
Moving on: James Arthur says he is feeling better than ever after overcoming his anxiety issues 

Speaking to ODE, he said: 'I used to have extremely bad anxiety but it's much less apparent these days. I'm more positive about life and  I think when you're in a good place you make the best music.'
James added: 'It is a rehabilitation album because I've been through a bit of a bad time but  I'm in a really great place right now. The next record will be very guitar-based… I’m going to be taking a lot more control.
'You’ll be hearing a raw side to me that you’ve never heard before.'

Apology: While on stage at V Festival over the weekend, James Arthur apologised for his past behaviour
Apology: While on stage at V Festival over the weekend, James Arthur apologised for his past behaviour 

James Arthur was clearly emotional during his set, telling fans who watched him in Chelmsford: 'Thank you for sticking around for the whole set. I've been a bit of a d**k in the past. 
'I've made some mistakes…All that matters is love and positivity.'
Speaking to heat Radio after his performance, he said: ''I'm in a great place to make music and be an artist and public figure again. 
It's been the biggest fight of my life - I've come up against it with anxiety and depression but I'm come out of it and on the other side, and I'm good...I'm really really happy.
'I didn't know the magnitude of that disease until it really set in for me, and people who have it don't early know how to talk about it, or feel afraid to talk about it.
'And as soon as I did, it changed completely. I opened up to a few people and I'm now very happy with the person I am today.'

Therapy: The X Factor star said his latest album is therapeutic after he battled through all of his issues to get to a better place
Therapy: The X Factor star said his latest album is therapeutic after he battled through all of his issues to get to a better place


No comments:

Post a Comment