Friday 1 August 2014

'Luckily depression never lasts long with me': Robert Pattinson opens his heart about his ongoing anxiety issues

Brooding heart-throb Robert Pattinson has spoken out about his ongoing battle with anxiety and depression – and surprisingly he's not unhappy about either issue. 
'I kind of like my anxiety in a funny sort of way and I like my peaks and troughs,' he reveals. 'Luckily depression never lasts long with me.
'I would love to go into therapy but it makes me too anxious,' the Twilight star jokingly adds in an interview with The Daily Telegraph.

Home again: Robert pictured arriving at LAX airport in June
Home again: Robert pictured arriving at LAX airport in June

Coping with the mania surrounding Twilight was especially challenging for the notoriously private star, who's now based in Los Angeles.

    'I had a bit of a struggle at first because my life really contracted and I couldn't do a lot of the stuff I used to be able to do. 
    'But once I got through that a year or two ago I just accepted my life is something else and now I can't really remember what it was like before. So it's much easier to deal with.' 

    Happy now: Robert looking chirpy after filming Good Morning America in New York yesterday

    His high-profile split from co-star Kristen Stewart was especially painful for Robert, though he hasn't had much time to dwell on things of late as he's been so busy working.
    Forthcoming releases include Hold on to Me, a thriller co-starring Carey Mulligan, and crime drama Idol's Eye with Robert De Niro and Rachel Weisz.

    Old flame: Robert pictured as Edward Cullen alongside his Twilight co-star and former girlfriend, Kristen Stewart, who played Bella
    Old flame: Robert pictured as Edward Cullen alongside his Twilight co-star and former girlfriend, Kristen Stewart, who played Bella

    Happy days: Robert and Kristen at the premiere of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn ¿ Part 2
    Happy days: Robert and Kristen at the premiere of the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2

    First comes The Rover however, a gritty drama filmed in the Australian outback.
    Robert plays a simple lad named Rey, who forms an unlikely alliance with angry loner, Eric, played by Guy Pearce. 
    The film has received warm reviews from critics, and fans will be able to decide for themselves in August when it arrives in cinemas. 

    Robert's taking all of this in his stride however, saying his biggest issue at present is his lack of suitable attire, after most of his clothing went missing when he recently moved house. 
    'It's ridiculous,' he says. 'I don't understand how I don't have any clothes. I've basically stolen every item of clothing that anyone's ever given me for a premiere but in my closet there are literally about three things. I'm sure there's some kind of random storage box full of them somewhere.'

    Sharp (stolen?) suit: Robert on Late Night with Seth Meyers in June
    Sharp (stolen?) suit: Robert on Late Night with Seth Meyers in June

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2710679/Robert-Pattinson-opens-anxiety-depression.html

    No comments:

    Post a Comment